Pages

Jun 3, 2012

The Date?

Conversation overheard in our house:

Me: Honey, what's the date today?

Him: Well, Friday was the first...

Me: Yeah...

Him: Wednesday is the day we are taking the Pattersons into town...that's the 6th...

Me: Yeah...

Him: So, what date is it?

Me: I don't know...that's why I'm asking!

Him: Whats one plus two? Or what's six minus 3?

Me: What? Who cares!!! I don't want a Math lesson...I just wanna know the date!

Him: Gotta figure it out...

Me: I don't know how long ago Friday was,
       and I certainly don't know how far away Wednesday is...
       Heck, I don't even know what day today is...

       ...please just tell me what the date is...

Him: It's the 3rd.

Me: Thank you...I guess...

Him: Now, don't you wish you would have figured it out yourself?

Me: Yes...you just stole 15 minutes of my all important life!


No comments:

Post a Comment