Pages

Jan 20, 2014

Hateful Tasks

Today I decided since Aaron
had to do something he hates...
that I would join him
and do something I hate.

And since it was a sunny day...
which makes any hateful task
not quite as hateful...
I went out to clean the chicken coop.

I take Strider
since he also loves the sun...
(in actuality he loves everything,
a trait I seriously need to emulate)
and we head out with shovel in hand
to clean the chicken coop.

Running commentary:

"Strider...stop eating the chicken poop."

Shoveling...

"You guys (chickens) are disgusting...
don't you do anything but poop?"
"Ugh!"

"Strider...stop eating the CHICKEN POOP!"

A few minutes later...

"Sheesh, you guys...you stink!"

"STRIDER...STOP EATING THE CHICKEN POOP!"

More shoveling...

"I don't know why I even keep you guys...
you stink, you poop and half of you
aren't even laying any eggs."

"OK...Strider, go play somewhere...
you're disgusting!"

Later still...

"Strider...get out of the street...
Strider...leave the cat alone...
OK...get over here Strider...
Sit!"

"OK...all done"
"Now you girls have a nice, clean coop."
"Here's some fresh water...
and some food cause you're such good girls."

"C'mon Strider...how about a treat?
You were such a good boy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment