Pages

Aug 7, 2012

The Stuff That Will Matter Forever

Our old Pastor used to say
Read every day til you get something from God.
I try to do that every day.
But you know how sometimes you read something
and it sticks with you for much longer.
You think about it every day
cause it touched your soul.

Psalms 1 says...

"...he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit
in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff
which the wind driveth away."

I read that and said to myself...
Yep, that's true.
Yet, in my heart I'm thinking
Why then do I sometimes feel like chaff...
Empty, dry, blown away
by every dreadful life circumstance?

I know how I need to be...
alive, flourishing, fresh,
productive.

A song by Keith Green says,
"My eyes are dry,
My faith is old,
My heart is hard,
My prayers are cold,
And  I know how I ought to be,
Alive to You and dead to me.

I'm too much alive to me,
and dead to Him.
I need to turn it around.

Quit thinking about me all the time...
and my 'stuff'!

Think about Him and His stuff.
And the only way I can do that is to
be in His Word.
His Word is all about His stuff!

The Glorious Stuff!

Not the stuff that Satan puts in our way
to trip up our flesh...

But the Stuff that will matter forever!

Must be why in verse 2 it says,
the Blessed man's delight
is in the law of the Lord...
and he meditates in it day and night.

When I'm in His Word meditating on His Stuff...
I don't have time to worry about mine.

I love how God's Word has all the answers
for my seeking heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment