Pages

Jan 1, 2012

New Song

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Ps. 40:3

I love music. Always have. My brothers and I used to sing a lot when I was a kid.
Beatles and...well, pretty much the Beatles.

As I got older, I branched out...
All the 70's rock n' roll bands.

Then when I was 22...
Something wonderful happened...
I became a new creature.
Everything changed in my life.

I felt different...
I thought different...
I still loved music
but my music had to be different now,
because I was different!

Why would I any longer want to listen to lyrics like:
"I wanna make it with you"...
"Wasting away again in Margaritaville"...
"Love the One you're with"

Why would I want to listen to words
that not only don't represent what I feel or who I am,
but dishonor God and His Word.

I googled new songs that are popular now:

"We drove to Cali
And got drunk on the beach
Got a motel
Built a fort out of sheets..."

Know what this song is called?
Teenage Dream
Is that what you want your teenager
running around singing?

Country Western?
Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo...
All my exes live in Texas

I didn't even have to look up the lyrics for those!

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold all things are become new."
II Cor. 5:17

We are to be different than the world.
Not sing about getting drunk,
leaving our spouses,
being without hope in the world.

Jesus died so that we could be different.
Why do we want to be the same?

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth,
even praise unto our God: many shall see it,
and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."

You see that?
When people hear your new song,
they might get saved.

No ones gonna get saved from
hearing you sing the same things they are singing.

Their gonna get saved by seeing that you are different.

 

2 comments:

  1. "AMEN" It's amazing how He transforms us and how He continues to "Grow" us up in Him. What a great Love He loves us with !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...AMEN to this post.
    Been there done that..don't want to live like that!
    We are reminded that our "past life" was junk and now we have the promise of eternal life.
    Thanks 8~)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete