Pages

Mar 27, 2011

Cleansing Wave

Oh, now I see the crimson wave,
The fountain deep and wide;
Jesus, my Lord, mighty to save.
Points to His wounded side.

I see the new creation rise.
I hear the speaking blood;
It speaks! polluted nature dies:
Sinks 'neath the cleansing flood.

I rise to walk in heaven's own light
Above the world and sin,
With heart made pure, and garments white,
And Christ enthroned within.

Amazing grace! 'tis heaven below
To feel the blood applied,
And Jesus, only Jesus know,
My Jesus crucified.

The cleansing stream, I see, I see!
I plunge, and oh, it cleanseth me!
Oh! Praise the Lord, it cleanseth me.
It cleanseth me, yes, cleanseth me!

We sang this song at church tonight.
It's one of my all-time favorites.

It reminds me how Great God is
And how little I deserve His love

He ALWAYS keeps His promises to me
Yet, I doubt Him over and over again.

And even though I do,
He STILL is faithful to me!

Even when I am not faithful to Him.

I've learned so much in my Christian life.
Then when we moved here...
I began to doubt the things I had learned.
The promises I had relied on for so many years.

Because I didn't see the promises being fulfilled.
I couldn't see all the things that I had learned in my life
coming true.
I could only see the opposite coming true.
And I began to doubt.

But then...God began to bring everything to fruition

It wasn't that they weren't being fulfilled...
They were just being done in God's time...not mine!

And as I see His Word working itself in my life...
I'm ashamed of my unbelieving heart.
And I love Him all the more.

The joy in my life has multiplied!
By seeing His faithfulness...
By seeing the Truth in His Word.

I love you Jesus!
I need nothing but you...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to have another blog addict on my side:)

    And I love when got shows us His promises are true! Makes me so grateful.

    ReplyDelete