Pages

May 9, 2011

Countdown

Tomorrow we are leaving for Florida
To attend my middle son's wedding.

So this is the countdown...
Do I have my sunglasses...
my cellphone...
cord to the cellphone...
reading glasses...
computer...
all cords for computer
(and there are a lot)...
books to read...
DS...
(with all its cords)
camera...
(with all its cords)
shoes...
(this is EXTREMELY important)
I even have a pair waiting for me at my son's!
Important papers...so they'll let me get on the plane.
I can become president without them...
but I can't get on an airplane. Wonder how THAT works?
Address book so I can send everyone a postcard.
(Although I usually don't actually get around to it)
makeup...jewelry...Bible...shampoo...conditioner...
I don't want to forget anything!
I start packing 2 weeks before.
My husband?
He started packing tonight at 9:00 pm.
And he never forgets anything!
That really bothers me.
Procrastination is not something that should be rewarded.
Yet he never forgets anything.
How is that possible.
I plan...I make lists...I check them twice...
gonna find out who's naughty and ...no wait...
that's another story.
I plan...I forget.
He doesn't plan...he doesn't forget.

It's one of those things in life that I don't get.

So tomorrow on the way to the airport
I'll be saying...did I remember my phone?
My wallet?...My glasses?
Did I turn off the iron?

Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so very FAMILIAR and I join you in the SIGH. However: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14.Wow,this must mean there is a reason for the guy/gal differences. Could it be fun and laughter; understanding; forgiveness; or learning from each other ??? Sooo are we having fun yet? Safe and joyful trip. Lisa if you don't have it ask Russell and Russell, well you know !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lisa...
    I do the same as you when I travel.
    Have a fun time.
    Congratulations to your son...
    and YOU get another daughter 8-)
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete