Pages

May 31, 2011

I'll See You in the Morning

I've been trying to think of something funny
to write about while on our vacation.

We went to see Russell's Dad
He's in a Rest Home with Alzheimers.
There is just nothing funny about Alzheimers
It robs you of all humor.

It robs you...
of everything you have ever loved...
of all the memories that made you who you are...
of all the joys you have ever experienced...
of your unique personality...
of your independence...
of your dignity...
of life.

It leaves you...
an empty shell.
Nothing like the person you used to be.
Nothing like the person your wife fell in love with...
Nothing like the person your children learned to respect.

It leaves you...
with nothing.


except Christ,
who will never leave you nor forsake you.

I love you, Dad!
I'll never forget who you were...
And I'll never think of you as you are now.


And I'll see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment