Pages

Nov 3, 2011

Sugar, Sugar

Today I made grape jelly.

Now, I'm not a fan of making jelly
or jams or canning things.
I feel like I HAD to do it when
the kids were little...
why should I have to now.
I'm a grown adult.
I shouldn't have to do stuff I don't want to do, right?

But I was given a bunch of grapes,
and didn't want to be unproductive,
so I juiced them and made jelly.

Russell was in the kitchen...
...helping...
sort of...
I use the last of my sugar and sit the jar
on top of the dishwasher. I ask,
"Is there room in there for this?"
while continuing to work on the jelly.

...quiet...

I notice the silence...
"The sugar jar, is there room in there for that?"

...quiet...

"yeah...I guess..."

10 minutes later I open the frig to
get butter so the jelly doesn't foam too much...
There sits an empty sugar jar on the
top shelf, in all its glory,
right next to the milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment