Pages

Feb 25, 2012

We Love You...Please Don't Kill Us

I hate to clean out the chicken coop.

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

I put it off until I'm absolutely ashamed
at the state of it!

Think of this:
Mounds and mounds of poop...
slightly wet...
and slightly warm...
so it gives off a disgusting smell!

Normally when I go in there
to feed and water them,
they're like...
"OH NO, THERE'S THAT WOMAN THAT WANTS TO KILL US!"
...and they fly all over the place acting like
their life is in jeopardy!

OK, girls, really?
I come in every day to feed and water you...
rain or snow...hot or cold.
I drive all over Heaven's half acre
to get the kind of food you are partial to.
Don't you think I would just let you starve
if I was out to kill you?
Do you actually think I would bloody my hands?
It's bad enough I have to clean up your poop!

Sorry, don't know why I am talking to chickens
who have no idea what I am saying...
...and can't read...

Anyway, the reason I mention this is...
When I go out to clean their coop
even though the door is open for their escape
they are all over me...
pecking at my feet,
flying over me, trying to poop on my head...
pecking at my pants so I'll pick them up...
Jumping up on the roost so they can look at me close up.
It's like they adore me and can't get enough of me.
What's up with this?!
What happened to the "PLEASE DON'T KILL US CHICKENS?"

...sorry...venting...

No comments:

Post a Comment