Pages

May 26, 2013

Moving Mountains

"...for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. " Matt. 17:20

I have been praying for something for quite some time now.

A few weeks ago I read the verse that says..

"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."  Mk. 11:24

I know it needs to be something in God's Will...

Praying for a million dollars isn't gonna work
(pls. don't ask me how I know)

1Jn 5:14  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1Jn 5:15  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

OK...so if I know it's in His Will...
and if I believe...
I will receive.

So what's the problem then...
I know it's His Will.
So then, the problem is me.
I don't have enough faith...
I don't really believe He's gonna do anything about this.

Often we pray about things we can envision happening.
And maybe we pray about something seemingly impossible...
for awhile...
but then we give up...after all
that's probably not gonna happen.

When was the last time you prayed about moving a mountain?
I've never prayed that.
Why? Cause I don't think it will happen.
I'm not using the faith God has given me...to believe.
(And partly because I can't think of a reason that God
would want me to move a mountain...)

But when I read that verse
I felt God chiding me...
"When you pray...why are you not believing
it's gonna happen...when you know it's My Will?"

I determined that I was gonna believe no matter what.
I quit thinking that it wasn't gonna happen...
and began to think about when it did happen.
And when I would feel doubt creeping in to steal my faith,
I would think, "Lord, I believe, help thou mine unbelief."
And I began to feel hope again.

Not two weeks later...
My prayers were answered.
The prayers I had been praying for years.

I can't help but wonder...
how many prayers could be answered
if I would just believe.

And I wonder...
how many mountains are waiting to be moved.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you wrote this. It's so true! My faith is so weak. But His faith is so strong!!! Remember what Mrs. Bemis said about it being His faith? That has helped me so much. I love you.

    ReplyDelete