Pages

Sep 30, 2011

Supermarket Rage

I have a friend who wrote a blog
called "Road Rage".

All I could think of the whole time I was reading it
was how I feel when I'm in the supermarket.

I love crowds.
The mall, a parade, a flea market...
but not in the grocery store.
I want to do my shopping and get out.

Some grocery stores are not too bad...
others are terrible all the time.
I won't mention any names.
(See Adam, I didn't mention Waaa.....never mind)

What really bothers me I guess
is that some people shop like
they are the only ones in the world.
Totally oblivious to anyone else's needs.
The world exists for them.

Their cart is on one side of the aisle
and they are on the other side
so as to totally block the whole aisle.
And then they sit there, deep in thought
over canned tomato paste.
There's people on both sides
(trying to be nice and not ram her cart
because of her insensitivity!)
They don't care about everyone else's tomato paste contemplations!

I don't know why that bothers me...but it does.
How can they not know we are there?
Helloooo??

I am now officially getting irritated...
forgive me Lord.
Deep breaths...in...out...
This is not a big deal...in...out...
This person probably doesn't know the Lord.
So I need to be nice...be a good witness.
I must overcome the urge to knock her cart
into next week!

Then there are those who have possessed children.
(I'm not saying possessed by what...)
Screaming on every other aisle.
(Usually the one you're on)
A common thing coming out of Aaron's
mouth when he was little was,
"That boy needs a whoopin' Mom"
Yep, even a 5 year old knows what that kid needs.
But not the Mom apparently.
Then, lo and behold, they get in your
checkout aisle.
Personally, I think this is God's idea
of teaching me a lesson for being
impatient.

I'm trying, Lord...
"Great peace have they which love thy law,
and nothing shall offend them..."
"Great peace have they which love thy law,
and nothing shall offend them..."
OK, that ones not working...let's see...
Phil. 4:8 - think on positive things...
not negative...
puppies, ice cream, babies (not screaming ones)
flowers, the beach,
a new grandchild...

...the lady that got saved last week,
the Lord's mercy on my life...
where I was and where I am now,
His goodness to me that I don't deserve,
but He gives it anyway cause He loves me
unceasingly!

Yes, God is good to me.
Even when I am insensitive.
Even when I think the world revolves
around me.
Even when I'm taking up the whole aisle!

"Be ye holy; for I am holy"
I'm trying, Lord...
don't give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment