Pages

Jul 20, 2011

Buttery Salmon

I don't do this very often...
as a matter of fact I have never done this...
but since I have only had a blog for a few months
that's understandable,

anywhoo.....

I found this recipe that is soooo good,
I have to share it.

Now if I spend 4 hrs on a meal
I expect it to be spectacular.

But when I have a recipe
that only takes 5 minutes to prepare...
and 10 minutes to bake
I'm thrilled when it turns out perfectly delicious.

That's what kind of recipe this is.
It takes maybe 20 mins. from start to finish
and it's good enough for even the president...
well, lets say former president.
(We won't go any further with this topic of conversation!)

I got this recipe from Mark Bittman.
He's my favorite chef of the hour.
(I say this cause I change often)

If you don't have his book,
"How to Cook Everything"
you seriously need to get it.

It's a serious cookbook.

I'm not gonna write the whole recipe out...
just gonna explain how to do it. Super easy!


Salmon Roasted in Butter

Turn oven to 475 degrees.

Put 4T of butter in roasting pan
and put it in the oven while it preheats.

Take your salmon and salt and pepper it good.

Take the pan out of the oven after the butter has melted.

Put salmon in the pan flesh side down.

Put in oven for 5 mins.

Turn salmon over and add whatever fresh herbs
you love. I added thyme and chives.

You can even add some freshly ground Parmesan cheese
if you like.

Put it back in the oven for 3 - 6 mins.
depending on the thickness of your salmon.

Take it out and enjoy.
So simple and easy and rich!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa...
    Looks yummy....makes my mouth water....
    wishing I had some salmon right now. 8~)
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! You'll just have to go out and buy some!

    ReplyDelete